Ask Us a Question Form
We will answer most questions in 2 to 30 working days, depending on the complexity of the question and our current workload.
Before asking your question, we encourage you to consult the following sources:
- Amicus Web - A catalogue of the collections of the published material of Library and Archives Canada and other Canadian libraries.
- Archives Search - Information about the collections of the unpublished material of Library and Archives Canada from various databases and automated systems.
- Genealogy and Family History - A Library and Archives Canada service that provides electronic access to genealogical resources in Canada.
- Library and Archives Canada Blog [www.thediscoverblog.com] - A community engagement tool and resource for information regarding Library and Archives Canada services.
- Canadian Encyclopedia [www.canadianencyclopedia.ca/index.cfm?PgNm=HomePage&Params=A1] - An electronic version of the Encyclopedia providing information on many Canadian topics.
Important Note: You cannot use this online form for requests for military personnel records from 1918 to the present, including the Second World War. Those inquiries must be signed and sent by mail or fax.
* Indicates Mandatory Field.
Please note that an acknowledgement notice will be sent immediately to confirm the receipt of your inquiry.