* Allard, Jean V. -- The memoirs of General Jean V. Allard. -- Written in cooperation with Serge Bernier. -- Vancouver : Univ. of British Columbia Press, 1988. -- 366 p. -- Also published in French under the title: Mémoires du général Jean V. Allard
- Service in Italy as second in command and commanding officer of le Royal 22e Régiment, 1943-1945, and commanded 6th Canadian Infantry Brigade in North-West Europe in 1945
Bird, Will R. -- The two Jacks : the amazing adventures of Major Jack M. Veness and Major Jack L. Fairweather. -- Toronto : Ryerson Press, 1954. -- 209 p.
Blackburn, George G. -- The guns of Normandy : a soldier's eye view, France, 1944. -- Toronto : McClelland & Stewart, 1995. -- 511 p.
- Blackburn's three-volume memoir, although written long after the events, is an outstanding account of service with the 4th Canadian Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, throughout the North-West Europe campaign
_____. -- The guns of victory : a soldier's eye view, Belgium, Holland, and Germany, 1944-45. -- Toronto : McClelland & Stewart, 1996. -- 506 p.
_____. -- Where the hell are the guns? A soldier's eye view of the anxious years, 1939-44. -- Toronto : McClelland & Stewart, 1997. -- 439 p.
Brodsky, G.W. Stephen. -- God's dodger : the story of a front line chaplain 1905-1945 : Lieutenent Colonel (the Reverend) R.O. "Rusty" Wilkes, M.C., C.D. -- Sidney, B.C. : Elysium Pub. Co., 1993. -- 264 p.
- Chaplain to The Royal Canadian Regiment in England, Sicily and Italy
Cederberg, Fred. -- The long road home : the autobiography of a Canadian soldier in Italy in World War II. -- Toronto : General Pub., 1984. -- 257 p.
- One of the best soldier's stories to come from the Italian theatre
Châtillon, Claude. -- Carnets de guerre : Ottawa - Casa Berardi, 1941-1944. -- Ottawa : Éditions du Vermillon, 1987. -- 163 p. -- (Collection "visages", no 1)
Claude-Laboissière, Alphonse. -- Journal d'un aumônier militaire canadien, 1939-1945. -- Montréal : Éditions françaises, 1948. -- 330 p.
[Corrigan, Cecil Edwin]. -- Tales of a forgotten theatre, by "Pooch". -- Winnipeg : D Day Publishers, 1969. -- 223 p.
- A medical officer's memoir of the campaign in Italy
Davis, Eldon S. -- An awesome silence : a gunner padre's journey through the valley of the shadow. -- Carp, Ont. : Creative Bound, . -- 142 p.
- 1st Canadian Infantry Division in Italy
Donoghue, Jack. -- The edge of war. -- Calgary : Detselig Enterprises, 1988. -- 149 p.
- Memoirs of a public relations officer with 1st Canadian Army
Dunkelman, Ben. -- Dual allegiance : an autobiography. -- Toronto : Macmillan, 1976. -- 336 p.
- An officer of the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada in North-West Europe, 1944-1945
Forbes, J. Charles. -- Fantassin : pour mon pays, la gloire et ... des prunes. -- Sillery, Qué. : Septentrion, 1994. -- 451 p.
- Discusses Le Régiment de Maisonneuve, 1944-1945
Frost, C. Sydney. -- Once a Patricia : (memoirs of a junior infantry officer in World War II). -- St. Catharines, Ont. : Vanwell Pub., . -- 564 p.
- Service with the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry in Sicily, Italy and North-West Europe
Gagnon, Jean-Paul. -- Mon journal de guerre. -- Sainte-Foy, (Qué.) : J.-P. Gagnon, 1968. -- 64 p.
- Discusses the 4e Régiment d'artillerie moyenne
Galloway, Strome. -- The general who never was. -- Belleville, Ont. : Mika Pub. Co., 1981. -- 296 p.
- Reprinted as: Bravely into battle : the autobiography of a Canadian soldier in World War Two. -- Toronto : Stoddart, 1988. -- 240 p. -- (Canadians in battle series)
- Galloway fought with The Royal Canadian Regiment from the first to the last of the Sicilian and Italian campaigns
Gordon, David A. -- The stretcher bearers. -- Stroud, Ont. : Pacesetter Press, 1995. -- 127 p.
- Memoirs of a member of 24 Canadian Field Ambulance, attached to the Perth Regiment, 5th Canadian Armoured Division, in Italy
Gouin, Jacques. -- Lettres de guerre d'un Québecois, 1942-1945. -- Montréal : Éditions du Jour, 1975. -- 341 p.
Heaps, Leo. -- Escape from Arnhem : a Canadian among the lost paratroops. -- Toronto : Macmillan, 1945. -- 159 p.
Henry, Jacques. -- La Normandie en flammes : journal de guerre du capitaine Gérard Leroux, officier d'intelligence au Régiment de la Chaudière. -- Condé-sur-Noireau, France : Éditions C. Corlet, 1984. -- 454 p.
Jones, Gwilym. -- To the green fields beyond : a soldier's story. -- Burnstown, Ont. : General Store Pub. House, 1993. -- 201 p.
- Memoir of service with the Three Rivers Regiment in Italy and North-West Europe, 1943-1945
Kerr, Ashton T. -- "The cherry beret" : distant recollections of World War II as remembered by one of the first Canloan officers. -- Westmount, Que. : Printed by Centrav Graphics, [s.d.]. -- 117 p.
- Canloan was a programme that loaned Canadian junior officers to serve in the British infantry battalions that faced a leadership shortage in 1944-45. See also the history of Canloan by Wilfred I. Smith, under "Unit, Branch and Programme Histories" in the Troops and Traditions section.
Krepps, Rex G. -- Sparks of flame. -- Oliver, B.C. : R.G. Krepps, 1990. -- 239 p.
- Reminiscences of no. 8 Canadian General Hospital
Lake, Harold. -- Perhaps they left us up there. -- St. John's, Nfld. : H. Cuff Publications, 1995. -- 205 p.
- Memoir of service in England, North Africa and Italy with the 166th (Newfoundland) Field Regiment, Royal Artillery
MacLellan, C. Roger. -- Wave an arm, "follow me!" The wartime experiences of a Canloan platoon commander. -- Hantsport, N.S. : Lancelot Press, 1993. -- 182 p.
- A memoir of one of the new Canadian officers loaned to the British Army for the invasion of North-West Europe
- MacLellan served with the 2nd Glasgow Highlanders, The Highland Light Infantry, 15th Scottish Division
Malone, Dick. -- A portrait of war. -- Toronto : Collins, 1983-4. -- 2 vol.
Martin, Charles Cromwell ; Whitsed, Roy. -- Battle diary : from D-Day and Normandy to the Zuider Zee and VE. -- Toronto : Dundurn Press, 1994. -- 191 p.
- Service with the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada
McDougall, Robert L. -- A narrative of war : from the beaches of Sicily to the Hitler Line with the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, 10 July 1943 - 8 June 1944. -- Ottawa : Golden Dog Press, 1996. -- 204 p.
- A combination of a personal memoir and an incomplete regimental history
Mowat, Farley. -- And no birds sang. -- Toronto : McClelland and Stewart, 1979. --  p.
- Memoir of a junior officer in the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment in Sicily and Italy, 1943
Pearce, Donald. -- Journal of a war, North-West Europe, 1944-1945. -- Toronto : Macmillan, 1965. -- 188 p.
- Written by an infantry junior officer, this is one of the best personal accounts of combat
Peppard, Herb. -- The light hearted soldier : a Canadian's exploits with the black devils in WW II. -- Halifax : Nimbus Pub., 1994. -- 196 p.
- Service with the 1st Special Service Force
Roberts, James Alan. -- The Canadian summer : the memoirs of James Alan Roberts. -- Toronto : Univ. of Toronto Bookroom, 1981. -- 253 p.
- Commanded 12th Manitoba Dragoons and 8th Canadian Infantry Brigade in North-West Europe, 1944-1945
- One of the best memoirs about the problems of command and leadership in combat
Ross, Alexander M. -- Slow march to a regiment. -- St. Catharines, Ont. : Vanwell Pub., 1993. -- 236 p.
- Memoir of service with 17th Canadian Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, in Italy and North-West Europe, 1944-1945
Rowland, David Parsons. -- The padre. -- Edited by Barry D. Rowland. -- Scarborough, Ont. : Amethyst, 1982. -- 172 p.
- Diary of the well-known padre to the Irish Regiment of Canada in Italy and Holland
Sanderson, Robert Miles ; Sanderson, Marie. -- Letters from a soldier : the wartime experiences of a Canadian infantryman, 1943-1945. -- Waterloo, Ont. : Escart Press, 1993. -- 213 p.
- Edited letters and journal of Corporal Robert Miles Sanderson, Essex Scottish Regiment
Scislowski, Stanley. -- Not all of us were brave. -- Toronto : Dundurn Press, 1997. -- 368 p.
- Service in the Perth Regiment in Italy, 1943-1945
Shaughnessy, Doug. -- "Some thoughts about Private Harold L. Green of the Scout Platoon, First Battalion, The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry". -- Canadian military history. -- Vol. 10, no. 1 (Winter 2001). -- P. 67-77
- Memoir of operations in Normandy. Harold Green was killed at Verrières Ridge, 12 August 1944
Stacey, C.P. -- A date with history. -- Ottawa : Deneau, . -- P. 56-168
- Memoir of the Canadian Army's official historian
- Much of the post war part of his account deals with his struggles to get the wartime official histories published
Stewart, Neil John. -- Steel my soldiers' hearts. -- Victoria, B.C. : Trafford, 2000. -- 242 p.
- Semi-fictional memoirs of a Sherman loader-operator, later gunner and crew commander in the Fort Garry Horse and Canadian Grenadier Guards from D-Day to the end of the war. Even though much of the dialogue is forced and the analysis relies on hindsight, this is still a fine account of service in an armoured regiment in action
Street, Brian Jeffry. -- The parachute ward : a Canadian surgeon's wartime adventures in Yugoslavia. -- Toronto : Lester & Orpen Dennys, 1987. -- 306 p.
- Biography of Major Colin Scott Dafoe
Tierney, Ruth. -- Petticoat warfare. -- Belleville, Ont. : Mika Pub. Co., 1984. -- 82 p.
- Memoir of service in Canada in the Canadian Women's Army Corps
Table of Contents