The Aleutian Campaign, 1942-1943
Perras, Galen R. -- "Stepping stones on a road to nowhere? The United States, Canada, and the Aleutian Island campaign, 1942-1943". -- Ottawa : National Library of Canada, 1995. -- 5 microfiches. -- (Canadian theses on microfiche). -- Ph.D. thesis, Univ. of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ont., 1995. -- 398 l.
North-West Europe, 1942-1945
Copp, Terry ; Vogel, Robert. -- Maple leaf route : victory. -- Alma, Ont. : Maple Leaf Route, 1988. -- 144 p.
Dickson, Paul Douglas. -- "Command relations in the Northwest Europe campaign, 1944-45 : Montgomery and the Canadians". -- Ottawa : National Library of Canada, 1987. -- 3 microfiches. -- (Canadian theses on microfiche). -- M.A. thesis, Acadia Univ., Wolfville, N.S., 1987. -- 223 l
- Assesses the abilities of General H.D.G. Crerar and Lieutenant Generals Charles Foulkes and Guy Simonds, on the basis of Field Marshal Montgomery's poor opinions of the first two, and finds Montgomery's opinions to be unfair
- Dickson concludes however, that Simonds was "a complete professional soldier with a flair for innovative and complex tactical manoeuvers" (p. 197)
Kaufman, David ; Horn, Michiel. -- A liberation album : Canadians in the Netherlands, 1944-45. -- Toronto : McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 1980. -- 175 p.
* McAndrew, Bill, et al. -- Liberation : the Canadians in Europe. -- Montreal : Art global, 1995. -- 170 p. -- Also published in French under the title: La libération : les Canadiens en Europe
- Includes chapters on the naval and air aspects of the North-West Europe campaign
- As with the other Art global publications prepared by the Directorate of History and Heritage, Department of National Defence, much of the strength of this volume is in its use of photographs and war art seldom previously seen
* Stacey, C.P. -- The victory campaign : the operations in North-West Europe, 1944-1945. -- Ottawa : Queen's Printer, 1960. -- 770 p. -- (Official history of the Canadian Army in the Second World War, vol. III) -- Also published in French under the title: La campagne de la victoire : les opérations dans le nord-ouest de l'Europe, 1944-1945
Williams, Jeffery. -- The long left flank : the hard fought way to the Reich, 1944-1945. -- London : L. Cooper, 1988. -- 348 p.
- The story of 1st Canadian Army -- not just the Canadians, but the British, Polish, Dutch, Czechoslovakian, French and American soldiers who fought along the left flank of the Allied armies, from Normandy through to the end of the war
Table of Contents