Participation: Personal and Collective Narratives
Brown, Stanley McKeown. - With the Royal Canadians by Stanley McKeown Brown: war correspondent. - Toronto: Publishers' Syndicate, 1900. - 291 p. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 02852. -
- "For the most part the story is gathered from my own observations as a war correspondent. After the fight at Zand River, having been wounded, I was no longer at the front, and for the record of later events I am indebted to the courtesy of others". (Page viii).
Buchan, Lawrence. - With the infantry in South Africa: a lecture delivered at the Canadian Military Institute, 3rd February, 1902. - [S.l.: s.n., 1902]. - 17 p. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 81661
Cowan, John Bruce. - John Innes: painter of the Canadian West. - Vancouver: Rose, Cowan & Latta Limited, 1945. - 33 p.
- John Innes served with the Second Canadian Mounted Rifles in the Boer War, acting at the same time as correspondent and artist for the Mail and Empire (P. 14-15)
Hart-McHarg, William. - From Quebec to Pretoria with the Royal Canadian Regiment. - Toronto: William Briggs, . - 276 p. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 74531
- Title page: "Lieutenant Rocky Mountain Rangers; late Sergeant A Company, Royal Canadian Regiment". - Preface, p. 3: "The object of writing this book is to preserve a record of the doings of the Royal Canadian Regiment while on active service in South Africa."
Hubly, Russell C. - "G" Company, or every-day life of the R.C.R.: being a descriptive account of typical events in the life of the First Canadian Contingent in South Africa. - Second edition, with preface and memoir by the father of the author. - Montreal: The Witness Printing House, 1901. - 111 p. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 77851
- Poem "The wind went roaring by my door". P. 
"Indians ready to fight: offer to raise a contingent from the reserve if they are needed". - Expositor (Brantford, Ontario). - (November 23, 1899). - P. 14
*Labat, Gaston P. - Le livre d'or (The golden book) of the Canadian Contingents in South Africa with an appendix on Canadian loyalty: containing letters, documents, photographs: portraits of Queen Victoria; King Edward VII; and the Queen of England. - Montreal: [s.n.], 1901. - xii, 178, xii, 199, 66 p. - Text in English and French. - Title on added t. p.: Le livre d'or des Contingents canadiens dans l'Afrique du Sud avec un appendice sur le loyalisme canadien: contenant lettres, documents, photographies ainsi que les portraits de la Reine Victoria ; du Roi Edouard VII ; et de la Reine d'Angleterre. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 73976
- Includes several biographies.
Livingston, Franklin J. - My escape from the Boers: the exciting experiences of a Canadian medical missionary. - Toronto: William Briggs, 1900. - 35 P. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 09182
McCormick, A.S. [Alexander Stearns]. - The Royal Canadians in South Africa, 1899-1902. - [Akron, Ohio: s.n., 1955]. - 14 leaves. - Caption title. - Reproduced from typewritten copy. (Missing from NLC's collection).
McCrae, John. - "The builders of Empire". - The McGill University magazine. - Vol. 1, no. 1 (December 1901). - P. 66-74
Macleod, Mrs. - For the flag or lays and incidents of the South African War. - Charlottetown, P.E.I.: Archibald Irwin, 1901. - 185 p. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 75107
Marquis, T.G. - Canada's sons on Kopje and Veldt: a historical account of the Canadian contingents: based on the official despatches of Lieutenant-Colonel W.D. Otter and the other Commanding Officers at the front ; on the letters and despatches of such War Correspondents as C. Frederick Hamilton, S.C. Simonski, Stanley McKeown Brown, John Ewan and W. Richmond Smith. - Toronto: Canada' Sons Publishing Co., 1901. - 490 p. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 09915
Mellish, Annie Elizabeth. - Our boys under fire or Maritime volunteers in South Africa. - Charlottetown, [P.E.I.]: Printer at the Examiner Office, Queen Street, 1900. - 120 p. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 17908
Morrison, Lieutenant E.W.B. - With the guns in South Africa. - By Lieutenant E.W.B. Morrison D Battery Royal Canadian Artillery. - Hamilton: Spectator Printing Company, 1901. - 307 p. - Reproduced in microform format: CIHM microfiche series, no. 74386. - Reprinted: Ottawa: Eugene G. Ursual, 
- Includes letters. "The letters which form the chapters were written home from the front and published in the columns of the Ottawa Citizen and Hamilton spectator". Apology, p.  by The Author.
- "Morrison was a journalist and reported regularly for his paper and the Ottawa Citizen while a member of D Company, Royal Canadian Artillery". - Imperialism and Canada, 1895-1903 (P. 80).
Rooke, Robert Percy. - Boer War reminiscences of Trooper Percy Rooke. - Winnipeg, Manitoba: [R.P. Rooke], . - 111 p.
- Title page: "A record from memory and a few notes of my two trips to South Africa during the war of 1899-1902 with the Strathcona Horse and the Second C.M.R. (Canadian Mounted Rifles), the first trip extending from February 1900 to May 1901, and the second from December 1901 to September 1908."
Table of Contents